“Remember to make sure you pee in the toilet. NOT ON THE FLOOR!”
This is a statement I say every time my boys go to the bathroom. There is nothing as
stinky as the boy bathroom. It is like a urinal that has never been cleaned. I clean the bathroom every second day and it still stinks!
I went to use the bathroom once and there was pee all over the floor. I had had enough so I marched to find my boys (4 yrs and 6 yrs)
Me – Who peed on the floor??
Boy – Oh sorry that was me. This was said without any worry or care. Seriously!!! All over the floor. What the h&*^())*&^%$#@ are you doing that you can’t pee in the toilet. The toilet bowl is not an itty bitty hole that requires great skill. Am I getting a glimpse of their future no care attitude …. Are they going to fail in school and life because they don’t care if they pee on the floor???? I have to fix this!
Me – You have to go clean that up!
Boy – What?! That’s gross!
Me – Uh yeah! But I didn’t pee on the floor. I pee in the toilet son. Now go clean that up and remember to make sure you pee in the toilet. NOT ON THE FLOOR! And that is where it began! Now I have to remind them every time. And every time I remind them I think why in the world do I have to remind them to pee where they are supposed to pee.
I clean using natural cleaners, baking soda, dish soap and vinegar. Here is what I do:
- Shower/tub/sink – I sprinkle with baking soda and add a small drop of dish soap and scrub scrub scrub. Then rinse with water.
- Counter/tile – I clean with a 50/50 vinegar and water mixture. For the tile I combine in a spray bottle to make it easier.
- Mirrors – I clean with a 50/50 vinegar and water mixture. Paper towels don’t work with this so we sure to use old rags.
- Floor – I clean with a 50/50 vinegar and water mixture.
For my new beautiful bathroom I have to step it up around the toilet! Here is the formula I am going to try.
Pour the following ingredients into a spray bottle:
- 5 oz hydrogen peroxide
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp dish soap
- 3 drops of wild orange essential oil, I have read that orange is magic with that nasty pee smell.
When all of the ingredients have been added, gentle shake the bottle. Now generously spray the effected area with this solution and allow to completely dry. Once it dries it will become powder-like. Then vacuum it up or wipe it clean. (With all cleaners test a little area first)
Also don’t forget to clean inside the hinges of the toilet seat and lid. They need to come off every 2 weeks or so and cleaned thoroughly.
How do you clean your bathroom?